Soul Soup is a charity that provides a free and confidential counselling service based in Dumfries, Scotland. Alongside counselling they offer a drop-in service, activities and support for young people aged between 12 and 25 who are struggling to cope with emotional distress or mental health difficulties.
Soul Soup have started an upcycling project called 'Art and Soul'. The project aims are to upcycle items into saleable goods and to make a profit to support their charitable objectives.
Soul Soup require an experienced and passionate Marketing and Retail Manager to oversee 'Art and Soul'.
The role involves creating, overseeing and implementing a Marketing and Retail Strategy, and training volunteer marketing and retail personnel.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Art and Soul Upcycling Co-ordinator who will be responsible for working with volunteers and participants to create the finished products.
The role is supported by a part time Marketing Assistant (Art and Soul) and a Full Time Volunteer Coordinator (Soul Soup).
- Creation of a full Marketing and Retail Strategy, and individual campaign strategies - ensuring they are aligned with the organisation's vision and annual business objectives.
- Coordination of day to day marketing activities including, but not limited to: managing PR and advertising, management & production of all marketing materials, strategically planning, creating and maintaining online content including social media.
- Managing the workload of the Marketing Assistant.
- Coordination of day to day retail activities including, but not limited to: merchandising, stock control, monitoring sales, financial monitoring, product review.
- Managing events relating to the Project.
- Studying competitors' products and services and reacting to changes in the market.
- Creating and adding value to the brand - shaping its identity, its customers, and, most importantly, its performance within the market place.
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers to participate in the Marketing and Retail strategy.
- Training and supporting volunteers and participants.
- Analytics & campaign evaluation.
- Devising and presenting ideas and strategies to Management and the Board.
- Creating a CRM system, mining data and managing intelligence.
- Budget planning with the Art and Soul Upcycling Project Co-ordinator.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and delegate effectively.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Can manage suppliers, customers, paid and unpaid staff.
- Persuasive and diplomatic.
- Experience gained in a retail or marketing role.
- Experience creating, managing and scheduling online and offline marketing content.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Work well with a wide range of people.
- Full driving license
- Experience working in a third sector organisation
- Experience gained in a senior retail or marketing role.
How to apply
- Please send cv and covering letter to Alison Ball, Soul Soup 109 Irish Street Dumfries DG1 2NP or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- If you require any more information, please call Alison or Linda on 01387 266667
- Closing date for applications is the 03/11/17 at 4pm